Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Beaming Night Sky

2:57am. I chose to walk right in the middle and straight down Kelton Ave to avoid its treacherous and ironic pedestrian "sidewalks." No need to dodge from speeding cars and image-driven joggers, the only hint of bustle that typified the City of Angels at its waking moments came from the halogen lamps dimly illuminating Richard Ho's living room.

while we slumber, creation sings with its full but inaudible volume to the Creator:
the moon conducts the heavenly chourses of the night sky with her gentle rays; Ursa Major at bass, Sagittarius at tenor, Cassiopeia at alto, and Venus makes a special soprano cameo high in the east.

"sing to the Creator who knows us by name! to the Lamb who for these slumbering sinners was slain!"

if we are slient, even the [space]rocks cry out.


"When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches,

For You have been my help,
And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy."


Psalm 63:6-7

No comments: